Kurzer Lebenslauf (wichtigste Stationen)
Working since 10/16 at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
2007 - 2016
Worked for around 9 years at the University of Sheffield (UK)
2007 - 2014
PhD in Natural Language Processing. Focusing on Multi-Document Summarization applied for Image Captioning
2005 - 2006
Masters in Engineering: University of Sheffield, UK
Main focus was Software Engineering. Obtained the best Master Award for this studies.
Member of Studien Stiftung des deutschen Volkes.
2000 - 2005
Diplom: Technical University of Dortmund (2000-2005), Computer Science and Electrical Engineering (minor).
Worked as Software Developer at GBTec (Bochum, Germany). Main responsibilites: Writing Java Code for Business Process Management
Forschungsgebiet / Arbeitsgebiet
- Multi-lingual argument mining and argument retrieval. Currently I am mainly working on these two topics. I would like to establish my own working group around these two topics. Apart from investigating novel methods and techniques addressing challenges in these areas I also would like to investigate their applications in recent hot topics such as fake news detection and rumour verification.
- automatic summarisation: generating image captions, multi-lingual summarisation, summarisation evaluation, social media summarisation
- Classification of misinformation (rumour stance classification and rumour verification), fake news detection
- Term extraction
- Short text clustering and cluster labeling
- information extraction
- statistical machine translation: comparable data acquisition from the web, term alignment and automatic POS tag projection